Saturday, March 20, 2010

Thing #10 Online Image Generators



How fun! The comic strip generator is so cute. Here's the image I created. I had to copy it and save it as a JPEG because the upload image feature didn't work.



The Custom Sign Generator had many fun options. I used Fake Magazine Covers to create this image. It was easy once I figured out how to download my picture. My niece Julie Stayton won the State Championship wrestling at 148lbs. It was so exciting so I decided to give her a magazine cover. She deserves it after the successful wrestling career she's had over the past 4 years. This was her final match after over 100 wins and setting a record at her school for the most wins. She's the one in the red from Katy High School. Maybe I'll post it on her Facebook page!

I really liked using the Word Mosaic tool in Image chef. I can see many uses in the classroom. I chose the "heart" image and used it to write a simile: "You are as sweet as a drop of honey". It also allowed me to add a "drop" image into the text. Way cool! You could also use it for displaying metaphors, onomatopoeias, rhyming words, alliteration etc.

Happy Face Generator has a great feature where you can create a free logo. I created this logo to represent my blog however I'm noticing that it's not very clear. That would be a problem if you actually wanted to use this for a business or a school project.

I created this image at Big Huge Labs at the FX tab. You can take a regular photograph and turn it into a piece of art.
I've really enjoyed this journey through all the online generators. You can be as creative as you want. What a great opportunity for our students to synthesize information and display it in a creative format!

1 comment:

  1. What a nice collection of samples...aren't they fun to explore! I bet your niece will like the cover.
    I have used the logo one in the past and I am puzzled as to why it is blurry. By any chance did you stretch it after adding to your post? That is the only thing I can think of at this point. I agree that it could not be used for a banner if that is the outcome...and there are SO many choices that is a shame.

    ReplyDelete